This kit is designed to work with Ford TFI distributors and PiMP, PiMPx, PiMPxs, PiMPxshift, Megasquirt, and Microsquirt based ECU’s. It should also work with other standalone ECU’s that can use a missing tooth wheel driven at cam speed and a Hall Effect sensor.
It eliminates the Ford TFI, PIP, reluctor wheel, and upper & lower distributor cap and replaces it with a modern hall effect sensor, water jet cut high resolution 24-2 trigger wheel, and billet aluminum cap/sensor holder. It works with both Ford TFI and MSD TFI distributors.
The kit allows you to run modern coils whether they are mounted in a coil on plug configuration or a standard waste spark multi-post style coil. Not only does this eliminate the Ford parts that are often prone to failure, it also increases trigger wheel resolution to allow for sequential injection and more precise timing control.
This CAS replaces the need for a crank trigger and cam sensor when you're wanting to run sequential EFI and upgraded coils for high output applications.
It is available with flying lead wires or with a short harness terminated to a 6 pin Deutsch DT connector for easy connection to our Expansion CAS/Coil Harness, or we offer a pigtail for connecting to your own harness/wiring if not using our kit.
- Available for both 2.3L 4 cyl (excluding early style distributor rotor), 300 I6, and SBF/BBF V8 applications with TFI style distributor including MSD units that use stock type cap. There are likely other applications that it works with as well. You can use the dimensions below to see if the cap fits your distributor. If it does, we just need to make sure your distributor uses a common pickup wheel bolt pattern.
- Works with stock Ford engine harness or our PiMPx/PiMPxs engine harnesses (connects to modified TFI wiring for either option).
- Billet Aluminum Cap is 1.10" high at the perimeter, 1.70" tall at the center bump, and overlaps the top edge of the distributor by .015" making those two dimensions 0.95" and 1.55" tall when installed. Bolt centerline is 3.9" and is not quite centered on the cap.
- Size allows for significantly more clearance for V8's with Roots style blowers or 2.3's with custom intake manifolds.
- Hall Effect Sensor
- 24-2 Laser Cut Trigger Wheel
- Flying Leads are bare wires ready to be terminated however you want
- Terminated 6 Pin Connector means we crimp on pins and connector. It comes this way by default when it's purchased in kit form with our Expansion CAS harness.
- Terminated 6 Pin Connector with Mating Connector/Pins includes the connnector tthat you can use to crimp and terminate your own harness so it plugs into your own harness modifications.
- Terminated 6 Pin Connector with Mating Connector Pigtail includes a short wiring pigtail that you can connect to your own harness if you don't have the tool to crimp the pins.
Install Guide: CLICK HERE
Cam Angle Sensor | CAS | TFI Distributor Conversion Kit
- Brand: Stinger Performance Engineering
- Product Code: CAS
- Availability: 15
Tags: PiMP, PiMPx, PiMPxs, PiMPxshift, Microsquirt, Megasquirt, MS1, MS2, MS3, CAS, cam, angle, sensor, kit, distributor, tfi, 2.3, 2.3L, 2.3T, 2.3 Turbo, 300, I6, 5.0, 5.8. 302, 347, 351, 460, Mustang, Thunderbird, Ranger, F150, F250, F350, Lightning, Lima, Windsor