Custom two color vinyl sticker overlays for the front and rear oval "KIA" emblems on your Kia Stinger. Better adhesion than the domed style overlays, plus they don't stick out any farther than stock, unlike the domed overlays. Easy installation without any special tools or skills, though some patience a hair dryer or heat gun can be useful, especially for the carbon fiber version. None-destructive installation and removal so it's easy to change the design or go back to stock in the future. Approximate 5 year outdoor life, longer if parked indoors.
Optional matching steering wheel overlay, wheel center cap overlays, GT mirror logos, and door scuff plate decals available as well. The two color door scuff plate decals would match the two colors of your emblem overlay. For instance. a black background with red logo emblem overlay would result in a black "Stinger" and red "GT". If you want this reversed, note in in the "additional details" box.
Note the installation instructions are at the bottom of this item description.
-The E logo symbolizes the maximized performance of its rear-wheel driving. It also stands for the company's new theme "'Engineered by Excellence." Aside from that, the logo means Exclusive, Exquisite and Evolutionary.
-The Vintage K logo is Kia's logo exclusively in South Korea. According to Kia, the oval represents the earth and the 3D lettering “signifies Kia’s dynamic growth in the world market.” Kia’s official color–red–emphasizes a strong determination to move forward.
-The GT logo is simply the same script as is found on the rear of the Stinger. It represents the "Grand Touring" roots of the Stinger.
-The Stinger script logo is simply the same script as is found on the rear of the Stinger. It is the most subtle of the options available. Note the "Stinger" script is too small to last long on the steering wheel or wheel center caps so we don't offer that option.
-The Stinger GT logo is the "loudest" of the options. Note the "Stinger" script is too small to last long on the steering wheel or wheel center caps so we don't offer that option.
-The KIA 2021 logo is the design Kia will use on 2021 and later electric vehicles and may possibly show up on non-electric models as well. It is simply a more modern and stylish K-I-A than the stock block lettering used on 2020 and older models.
- Clean the stock KIA emblems well. Remove any road debris, bugs, wax, etc. Ideally you'd use an alcohol wipe or a light solution of dish soap to remove any oils for maximum adhesion.
- Peel the the white backing paper away from the overlay and make sure the overlay stays stuck to the clear mask.
- Hold the edges of the clear mask so you can position the overlay without touching it. If you don't get perfect alignment initially, you can pull it back up if it's only stuck in the center. Once you've got it aligned with the emblem (even spacing all the way around), stick it to the middle of the emblem and then press it smooth from the middle to both sides of the oval shape. Then smooth the overlay down onto the emblem in a circular pattern starting at the center and making larger and larger circles.
- Now remove the clear overlay at an angle and do the same circular motion again until it's adhered smoothly all the way around the emblem. It may try to bulge along the outer edge as the overlay takes on the convex shape. If it does so, press the bulges out from the center to the edge to prevent it from wrinkling. Once it's smooth, give it more pressure in the same circular motion, especially around the outer edge.
- Add some heat with a hair dryer while doing the circular for best adhesion or to get out any stubborn areas that won't stay adhered to the emblem around the edge (but don't overheat it). Summer sun can be effective in providing enough heat if you don't have a hair dryer.
- **For Carbon Fiber overlays, a hair dryer or heat gun is more important to get the thicker carbon material to bend around the convex emblem shape. I prefer a hair dryer simply because they aren't as hot as a heat gun so it's easier to maintain a good temperature without melting the material. When possible, try to get the overlay laying smooth with no bulges and then heat it up and rub the sticker in a circular motion from the center to the outer edge to form the overlay into the convex shape. If you have bulges around the edges and heat it up to try to make them go away (rather than getting them to go away before heat is added), it's much easier to wrinkle the overlay which is not ideal.
Sticker | Kia Stinger Emblem Overlays | GT | E | Stinger | Stinger GT | Vintage K
- Brand: Stinger Performance Engineering
- Product Code: Kia-Emblems
- Availability: 10